Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Google Malware Warning

Yesterday, I discovered this blog had been tagged by Google has having content from a site known to be infected with malware.  The site was Rockhound Blog.  I won't show the URL in fear of being snared again.

I want to reassure my visitors Google never found malware on this blog and I had two links to  Rockhound Blog which I have removed.


I am extremely careful about malware with digital rockhound's companion software.  I keep my anti-virus and anti-malware software on my development computer up to date and always scan installation packages before I make them available.


I apologize for any inconvenience and panic (both of which I experienced.)


Happy Hunting....
Gary Kindel

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HI! Just found your site and downloaded drc. It registered no errors when installing on win7 but each screen produces an unhandled exception:


See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A0BEB): The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\DRC\DRCV6.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

Unknown said...

Thanks! very interesting

Gary Kindel said...

I am currently working on a fix for this issue. This issue does not occur on all Window 7 systems but has been reported by a couple of users.

My Adsense